- Lady Gaga, who has six nominations tonight, opening the show with a confirmed duet that is said to "blow us away",
- Beyonce singing a medley of her three biggest hits of the past year,
- The Black Eyed Peas singing the mega-hit "I Gotta Feeling",
- P!nk, who will take the Grammy stage for the first time singing "Glitter In the Air,
- Lady Antebellum, who's new album is setting new heights for country/pop crossovers, will take the stage,
- and we can hardly wait for the Michael Jackson tribute which will include performers Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Usher, and Smokey Robinson. There will also be a special, 3-D presentation of Jackson's mini movie "Earth Song".
Confirmed to appear on the 52nd birthday of music's biggest night are Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Eminem, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, and Taylor Swift. And get this - the internet buzz is that Britney Spears, who's confirmed to appear - sitting in front of Gaga - will actually perform! That's right, it's being rumored that producers for the show have been trying to keep her performance under wraps, but earlier today rumors began that Britney is bringing her "Circus" to the Grammy stage. A source close to the show has said that the Pop Princess, after having a successful and healthy year, is ready to perform in front of her peers again, after her humilitating performance on the VMA's a few years ago.
Don't get your hopes up though, nothing is confirmed until it happens with Britney. It seems every award show that's taken place in the last few years has had a rumored performance from Miss Spears and we're always let down when it doesn't happen. But if the reigning teen queen does put on a show tonight, we're sure she will pull out all the stops.